When we transferred here in Canada, I wanted to join an online community for breastfeeding Moms. However, I have not found a very active and big community of almost 300,000 Moms just like the Breastfeeding Pinays in the Philippines. Hence, I am now trying to re-create the same success story here in Canada with Breastfeeding Canadians.
However, as of today September 2018, the community I created for us is still very small. I will be very thankful if you join though but if you choose to look for other communities, I found the following Facebook groups, which I think are good sources of support for your breastfeeding journey:
- Breastfeeding Moms of Canada
- Breastfeeding in Nova Scotia
- MBC-Breastfeeding Support Network
- La Leche League Canada – Orillia
- La Leche League Canada Greenwood Group
- La Leche League Canada Barrie – breastfeeding support and info
- Oakville Group – La Leche League Canada
- La Leche League Cornwall, Ontario, Canada
- LLL Leaders Canada
- La Leche League Canada – Edmonton Central
- La Leche League Canada – Spruce Grove, AB
I really encourage you to join a community especially those established by La Leche League and Dr. Jack Newman because these are the pillars of breastfeeding. Their resources are all backed-up by their education, background, and intensive research on breastfeeding. Also, for any health-related concerns please reach out to certified Lactation Consultants. They are the ones that can provide you with factual and scientific guidance in your breastfeeding concerns.